Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Water Fun

The kids found this little and very fast crab when they were digging a deep hole on the beach.
This is Kapooka putting her toes in the ocean for the very first time. She wasn't too sure at first.








But, she got used to it quickly. She really enjoyed having Daddy take her out and she would kick the "wawa". The older kids really like swimming too. It turns out I didn't get a good picture of Wildcat in the ocean, but I love Skye's face here!




Kapooka spent close to an hour just sitting at the edge of the surf. She would just pick up handfuls of wet sand and throw them in the water. She would laugh when they would make a plopping sound. She would also laugh when a wave came up and got her. The older kids and Paul would go out and swim deeply or build sand castles while I did this with her. Sometimes, Wildcat and I looked for shells and built sandcastles while Daddy took Kapooka into the deep water. I thought the water was pretty cold. I went out chest deep once then just waded the rest of the time. Even then, it took me hours to warm up. I really just enjoyed being at the beach and looking at the water and playing with the kids on the WARM sand.
Next up...alligator pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Divider

Post Divider