Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Strep Round # ???

The kids have had strep so many times this winter and spring so many times that I have lost count.

Wildcat has it and is on antibiotics. Today Kapooka was diagnosed again with strep and a double ear infection.

I am tired from caring for ill children. It is my privilege to do so, I just hurt when they hurt. Kapooka isn't sleeping well either.

I'm not sleeping well with all of the other transition going on in our lives.

Paul has resigned from our church. I love the people dearly, but the church can no longer pay Paul. We've missed paychecks before and done so gladly but our budget just can't squeeze anymore. It is time to let someone else try and build this body of believers.

Since the church is 1/3 of our income we need to replace that. Paul is just exhausted in all areas. He is especially exhausted from being pulled in 2 directions all of the time. After much prayer, the Lord is leading us to seek 1 job for him that would better use all of his gifts and talents. This week he told his school he is resigning.

We are so thankful for both our church and school. We truly love the people and the opportunities. However, when it is time to move on, the Lord makes it clear. We are doing our best to follow His direction. I am doing my best (which is not very good) to trust that the Lord has a plan to provide for all of our financial needs as well as give Paul a job where the stress will be less and he can work on a team.

Oh, and did I mention my throat hurts but my supposed primary care physician won't accept me as a patient. The insurance company says that she is my doctor and I can't go anywhere else.

Oh and did I mention that while I was in the bathroom today Kapooka dumped laundry detergent all over clean laundry that she pulled from the dryer. In the process the detergent got all over her, the washer and the floor too? And yes, the detergent was up high, she is just a monkey. Next time I will have to do my business much more quickly if she leaves the room that I am in. Sigh...it has just been one of those days. At least I caught her before she put the first address label on the wall (she climbed to get those while I was getting the detergent somewhat cleaned up).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Divider

Post Divider