Monday, April 20, 2009

Time

Over the last week I've had an epiphany. Somehow, I expected time to stop or slow down. Now, I know reasonably that wouldn't happen, but my emotions were expecting it. I don't know that I can adequately explain what I am feeling, but I suppose somewhere in my heart I was expecting Wildcat to be a little boy forever and my baby girl to stay a baby. I also think of myself as young and carefree.


I think that as I approach my 35th next month, I have realized that I am solidly in adulthood. My little boy is not so little, and my baby is a toddler. We reconnected with our college pastor, and I realized we are now the age that he was when we knew him. He and his wife were so together and adult like. I looked at them as mature. I don't feel mature. I feel like I just handle the daily responsibilities, but somewhere in there, I have become a thirty-something parent of 3.


So what am I to do. Well, I started by playing with Kapooka until she was falling over from laughing. When the weather warms up, I want to go on a bike ride with Wildcat. Tonight I went on a date to Dunkin' Donuts with my husband. Of course I did some very adult like things today like laundry, bills, counseling Wildcat about manner and loving others, changing diapers, and making financial decisions.


Well, enough about me. Here are two great pictures of my giant yet still so little in my heart boy. And, yes, those are pajama pants. I wasn't going to die on that hill that day.




1 comment:

  1. Amen to your thoughts today:) It would be great to cross paths with you and your family again someday. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Corrina

    ReplyDelete

Post Divider

Post Divider