Monday, March 30, 2009

Speech Meet Courage

This is Wildcat accepting his ribbon at speech meet. He had worked so hard, but it just didn't show in his performance this day. However, I was impressed that he got through it at all. Wildcat got sooooo scared that he had a total melt down and kept saying that he couldn't do it. In the end, he did it. He said his whole speech. Now it didn't have the volume, pace, or inflection that he had worked months on. However, it didn't matter to me. I was just so proud that he showed courage and followed through with his commitment.

His classmates were so kind. They told him that they knew he was scared, but he did a good job just to try. Everyone agreed that next year he would do better because he would know what to expect. I love my little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Divider

Post Divider