Friday, July 16, 2010

The Call

I remember distinctly when my husband was called to ministry. We weren't married then. We were just dating. It was a Sunday in a small, now defunct church in Grinnell, IA. The story is Paul's, but the confirmation of the call was supernatural.

So, after my blog post last night Paul called this morning. He was getting ready to work on his resume for the job we were excited about. It was for a job at an AG university. He checked the website and the job was no longer available. I feel a little disappointed, but a little bit resigned. I mostly feel like it was a clear answer. We've tried to see if we can bend the call to fit a different type of ministry...I wonder if sometime in the future God might bring some of those hopes to fruition, but for now...I don't think so. It is too much like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

We can't get away from the call. I have a feeling that at least at this point in our lives the Lord wants us to be in ministry in a church. I can kick all I want (and I don't really want to), but Paul's calling is real and true and that is what the Lord wants. Now, the Lord will just have to open the right door to the right church (we did send 15 church resumes yesterday).

In kid news...

Kapooka is wearing a "pretty dress" today. She is doing this because Skye has on a dress. Skye has an interview for a job.

Wildcat has his last day of VBS. For the last 4 years he and Paul have a secret activity that they do before VBS. They went this morning and did it. I believe it involves football in a park and then pop from McDonalds at an obscenely early hour in the morning. However, it is a boy secret, and I'm not totally privileged to the details. I do know that they had to say goodbye to all of their favorite spots today, and they took pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Divider

Post Divider