Tuesday, July 6, 2010

God is Good and so is my hubby

So I was a little whiny in my last post. I guess I have been a little grumpy around the house too. I am an introvert and I live in a family of extroverts. Normally I could find some alone time somewhere, but since Kapooka shares our room and everyone is home for the summer, there is really nowhere for me to go. Paul in a kind way pointed out my grumpiness and "kicked" me out of the house for the afternoon. I asked if he had read the blog and he said no, but these were the things he asked for me to accomplish....

1. Get a girly magazine or take the book I was reading and sit at my favorite coffee store and get my favorite beverage.
2. He handed me a coupon for a haircut and told me to go get that done while I was out.
3. He even said I should go window shopping (I tried on some great summer skirts, and got the thrill of trying something new without spending anything right now).

When I got home he even gave me a foot rub (even better than a pedicure if you ask me).

If you look at my list from my previous post, almost all of my wants were taken care of.

Oh, and the job for Paul...nothing yet, but while I was out and about a dear friend just called to chat and check in and see how I was doing emotionally with the job search. That was the next best thing to getting the right job offer. It just encouraged me that the right job is coming, and I just need to wait on the Lord's timing.

Feeling really loved tonight!

1 comment:

  1. From a fellow lover of solitude, it's a beautiful thing to have your family understand your needs even where they don't share them, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post Divider

Post Divider